….making Seek Lavender & Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies!!!
3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature, 1.5 sticks (from your local creamery)
3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar, packed
1/4 cup Seek Lavender Granulated Sugar
1 Egg, at room temperature (from your local egg farmer)
2 tsp Seek Lavender extract
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Cornstarch
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cups Semi-Sweet
Course Sea Salt, for sprinkling
- In a large bowl with hand mixer or in stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar, and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and lavender extract. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, salt and lavender. Add to the wet ingredients, and beat on low until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips and mix to combine evenly.
- Cover dough with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Roll dough into about 1″ balls using your hands. Space about 2″ apart on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until lightly golden brown around the edges. Immediately sprinkle with sea salt once removed from oven before cooling.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
NOTES*Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature or stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week