If you do, this blueberry, peach, lavender pie is worth it!
- 1 cup Seek Lavender Sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of ground Seek Lavender
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- Dough for double-crust pie (email for a delightful recipe)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk or heavy cream
- Seek Lavender sugar
· In a large bowl, combine Seek Lavender Sugar, flour and ground Seek Lavender. Add peaches and blueberries; toss to coat.
· Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim even with rim. Add filling; dot with butter.
· Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom crust; flute edge. Brush lattice strips with milk; sprinkle with Seek Lavender sugar.
· Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 35-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
If you want a delightful crust recipe please email us at mfbs@ymail. Also, easy lavender whipped cream is made by substituting vanilla extract with Seek Lavender extract (actually this can be done in any recipe to add a little magic)!
Hope you are enjoying your July 2021!
Neil & Mary